FPGA Engineer to work on design and verification with quantitative trading. The engineer will concentrate on both system-level functionality such as networking, memory controllers, and PCIe communication, as well as high-level functionality such as market data modules, trading strategy implementation, and numerical computations (with an emphasis on high-level functionality). The ideal candidate will have experience with Verilog for design, Altera tools for building, and ModelSim for simulation, and should also have familiarity with software development. Implementation of numerical computations will be one of the initial and continuing responsibilities of the FPGA Engineer, so the ideal candidate will already have experience with tools and design paradigms to create effective ways to implement new computations on the FPGA.
The position requires strong communication, analytical and creative skills as well as experience developing innovative FPGA based solutions combining both hardware and software development.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for hardware based solutions.
- Interact with users and external vendors for requirements gathering and procurement.
- Develop complex FPGA solutions for custom financial and mathematical applications.
- Expert knowledge of FPGA architecture design in VHDL and/or Verilog
- Hardware architecture design and development.
- Knowledge of embedded systems (architectures and design principles).
- Knowledge of both digital design and software design methodologies.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate effectively to co-workers with varied backgrounds across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and numerous business priorities.
- Willingness to learn the intricacies of a world-class financial trading environment.
- Highly effective decision making.
- Willingness to complete designs from specification, design, system test and production roll out.
- Heavy attention to detail balanced with a big picture view